Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In and Around the Yard...


These are some pictures that Sara took the other day while moseying around the yard.
Gotta love a nice Sunny Sunday afternoon.

















Savannah is well. Sara is well. Thanks to everyone that helped Sara reach her fund raising goal for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation. I believe her Triathlon is less than 4 weeks away! She runs about a million miles a week and can out swim me in the pool or the ocean. I got my old skool cycling skills though, so I can keep her head filled with glory day stories, motivating her while making me feel good about myself and the couch-coaching style I have adapted. On this particular Sunny Sunday which these pictures were taken, Sara went on a twenty mile bike ride followed by a two hour run and was home in time to make me delicious blueberry pancakes and watch the morning news show. Later, we rode to the west end beach for a swim. After what seemed like forever, I had to stop due to a serious (luckily not fatal) shoulder cramp accompanied by the sudden onset of a threatening lightening storm with strikes potentially nearing the 10 mile safety perimeter I had earlier established. I think there may have also been sharks in the area. Reports were later made that there had been a slight rip in the tide creating dangerous currents- at the very least causing the sand to be stirred making visibility, even with goggles, quite difficult.
Life is kind on Sanibel Island. I am lucky to have Sara.
Savannah's cool too.

No comments:

Beth and Ian Rebel Rouse Florida

It is never a bad day on the scoots. Perhaps the best way to see the island, especially since Ding Darling opened it's doors to scooter ...