Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Time Flies...

Wow...
It is hard to believe how quickly time has gone by these last couple of months. It is an overwhelming task to get you completely caught up.

So, for now...here is a brief synopsis:
After Thanksgiving, Christmas came. What a fun day that was! It rained so hard that I thought we would float away. Dan and Sara went in a bike ride that day without me. Good thing, 'cause they got caught in the rain storm halfway through. They had to ride home in 4 inches of water while the lightening was way too close for comfort. I don't like thunder very much.
Then came the New Year. Happy 2007! I slept through the whole event, as did my humans.

The big news is that we moved. We found a great place. Still on the island, our new house has a lot more room for me to run around. We are right on a nature preserve, so it is just like having 20 acres ro so in our backyard. I love it. The best part for me is that we are right down the road from my best friend, Kubbie.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dan's brother, Micah, and his wife Cheryl, who will be com ing out for a visit in a couple of days. Pappa Dave will also be coming along. Micah will be competing in the Nation Barr Association's National Negotiating Championship in Miami this weekend. Hopefully he can negotiate a win and head off to Singapore for the World Championship.

We are going to have a consistant string of visitors over the next month or two...who can blame people for coming here? We are very excited.

Here are some photos taken since my last post...



Here I am at 6 1/2 months. I am getting pretty big. By now, I am 71/2 months old. I am wearing my bandana from the Lazy Dog Outfitters in KeyWest. My humans picked it up for me last time they went kayaking down there in November.

I would have rather gone with...but I do like bandanas.







We had a great time when Sylvia and Lloyd, Sara's parents came to visit right before Christmas. I showed them the beach, which is of course one of my favorite placed in the world.







Here I am on a boating excursion. We went with our friends, Walt and Amy to North Captiva and Caya Costa, two of my favorite islands. They are just minutes from Sanibel, but you have to take a boat to get there.


1 comment:

heymaughan said...

YEA! You're back! And you're looking so grown up. It's unfortunate Cheryl missed the trip to Sanibel, (and for sad reasons) but at least it guarantees some return visits since she and Brian both still need to come--and of course their spouses will want to accompany them. Enjoy your beautiful island, congratulations on your new home, and keep the posts coming!

Beth and Ian Rebel Rouse Florida

It is never a bad day on the scoots. Perhaps the best way to see the island, especially since Ding Darling opened it's doors to scooter ...